I am headed to Austin, Texas this weekend. I heart Austin. It's fun, trendy, retro, and laid back. Everywhere you look there's music, independently owned restaurants, fancy food trucks, second hand stores, small boutiques and can't forget the Tex Mex and cocktails.
For those that have never been I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite spots. These are musts!
1. Austin is known for their fancy food trucks. The array of food you can get off a truck is insane! Check out this website for a list of great eats on four wheels. Personally, I have tried Cutie Pies, Hey Cupcake!, Torchy Taco.
2. Charming Charlie was introduced to me by my boyfriend's sister-in-law. Think of it as Claire's Boutique on crack. It's THE place to go for accessories - purses, shoes, scarves, jewelry, sunglasses. It's a woman's dream, truly. You can't purchase anything on their site (boooooo) nor do they have stores in Cali but let's hope that changes soon!
3. Bess Bistro on Pecan is a must!! This restaurant owned by Sandra Bullock is amazing. I have never had a fillet steak like the one served to me here. It literally melted in my mouth and the glace.....oy! The fried green tomatoes......to die for. We had the best dinner and the wait staff and chef were super friendly.
4. Uncommon Objects is such a fun store. You'll spend hours looking at the small stalls spilling over with antiques, tchotchkes, vintage finds, and more. Every time I walk in here I walk out with something.
6. Tesoros is fun. All kinds of goodies from Latin America. Great sterling jewelry, Dia de los Muertos goods, oil cloth bags, so much to list. Super fun and expect to spend some time here!
This is just the very tipppy top of the iceberg as far as what Austin has to offer. Get on the next plane and visit. Oh, and a very cool, chic, and trendy place to stay is The Hotel San Jose.