Welcome to Covet Collective!

A harem of girls who love crafts, antiques, design, and anything aesthetically pleasing. Come on in and read about what we've purchased, what we've found and what we covet.

We also have fun finds and handcrafted items for sale on http://www.etsy.com/. Once you are on the Etsy site, simply search Sellers (in the dropdown menu) and type in "covetcollective".



Thursday, March 3, 2011

Repurposing Vintage Rulers

Lately, any home goods, accessories, or crafting supplies with a sewing theme catches my eye. You can just image how I instantly fell in love with this vintage yardstick lampshade from Roost Living when I first saw it on Poppytalk.

At 320 GBP ($521), that puts it out of a price range for just about everyone I know.  But take a look at this cool DIY table also using vintage yardsticks from Country Living!  I’m sure you could apply similar principles from this tutorial to making the lampshade above.

-Lana 

No comments:

Post a Comment