Welcome to Covet Collective!

A harem of girls who love crafts, antiques, design, and anything aesthetically pleasing. Come on in and read about what we've purchased, what we've found and what we covet.

We also have fun finds and handcrafted items for sale on http://www.etsy.com/. Once you are on the Etsy site, simply search Sellers (in the dropdown menu) and type in "covetcollective".



Friday, April 22, 2011

A Thrifty Week - Day 5 - The Final Before & After

Okay, so if you read my Day 4 post, you will now see that I spoke too soon.  I was, in fact, able to dig up a few very dark and grainy pictures of my "before" desk, which will really help you understand how fantastically happy I am with my finished product. 

Here was the top of the desk, in all it's stained & carved on glory (no wonder it was only $5):


The drawers came as is, missing handle and all:


I hope you agree, the "after" is a major improvement!


The bonus?  I finally have a good storage place for my wrapping paper!  That top drawer is my favorite.


I hope this has inspired you to try your own DIY furniture improvement.  Even if you just change out the knobs on a piece, you will be amazed at the difference it makes.

And though technology is against me, and the photo is sideways, you can still get a good idea of the final-final (hinges and all).


Have a great weekend!
-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment