Welcome to Covet Collective!

A harem of girls who love crafts, antiques, design, and anything aesthetically pleasing. Come on in and read about what we've purchased, what we've found and what we covet.

We also have fun finds and handcrafted items for sale on http://www.etsy.com/. Once you are on the Etsy site, simply search Sellers (in the dropdown menu) and type in "covetcollective".



Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Holiday Crafts for Adults

I love the holidays.  No, seriously, I LOVE the holidays.  Anyone who knows me, knows that this is my time of year.  As proof, I have not gone a single year without a live 7ft tree.......I live alone. I always decorate the house the weekend after Thanksgiving......always. Christmas music is on the radio at all time...in the car, in the house, and at work.  I realize it's a bit obsessive but hey, at least it's not hoarding cats or collecting owl figurines.

I'm a crafty gal but it's hard to find adult holiday crafts that aren't tacky.  There are plenty for the kiddos, of which I have none, so I searched the net for crafts that aren't too kitschy.  I plan on working a few of these and hope to use the outcome, good or bad, for a future blog.

Some ideas that I love......


Etched glass stemware.  How chic this is and it seems pretty easy.  For the how-to click here.


This is so cute. Imagine the possibilities of colors and adornments.  For the how-to look here.  Seems very easy.



It's made out of paper cupcake liners so it's inexpensive.  Change up the liners to funky colors and this could be a kids craft.  The how-to here.


This pine cone garland is sweet and simple.  I read the how-to here and it's super simple.

Well all, I hope your Tuesday is going well and cheers to you all.

-Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment