Welcome to Covet Collective!

A harem of girls who love crafts, antiques, design, and anything aesthetically pleasing. Come on in and read about what we've purchased, what we've found and what we covet.

We also have fun finds and handcrafted items for sale on http://www.etsy.com/. Once you are on the Etsy site, simply search Sellers (in the dropdown menu) and type in "covetcollective".



Monday, November 29, 2010

Industrial Chic

Covet Collective hopes everyone had a delightful Thanksgiving.  It's such a treat to have time off to spend with family and friends.  I personally enjoyed twice baked potatoes and the sprinkling of Christmas cheer.

In addition to Christmas cheer and gorging on food, I had homework for an Interior Design class project. I love it so much, it's hard to consider it work.  My project consists of putting together three story boards for a "client" selling a design I've come up with for their living room.  I chose a masculine industrial chic look and I love how it turned out. In my hunt for accessories and furniture I perused Restoration Hardware. I can't tell you how in love I am with their entire line of Industrial goods. 


Imagine this cart in front of a comfy feather filled cream color sofa.


and this wine barrel table next to a leather club chair......


and these old gears on a bookcase......


and these vintage looking globes on a console table atop leather bound books.......

See the Resto collection here.

I also came across Hudson Goods.  You can find them here.  I want one of everything!    Wonderful recycling and upcycling of goods.

Here are some of my faves from Hudson Goods.







-Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment