Welcome to Covet Collective!

A harem of girls who love crafts, antiques, design, and anything aesthetically pleasing. Come on in and read about what we've purchased, what we've found and what we covet.

We also have fun finds and handcrafted items for sale on http://www.etsy.com/. Once you are on the Etsy site, simply search Sellers (in the dropdown menu) and type in "covetcollective".



Thursday, December 9, 2010

Canvas and Leather Bags

Ever since I saw this tutorial for a simple and chic bag by Renke for Desgin*Sponge, I wanted to make a canvas bag with leather accents.  

Since I don’t have that much free time on my hands and my sewing machine is in need of repair, I have been on the lookout for similar bags to purchase.  In my search, I came across the following:

The Quality Mending Company makes a tote bag that is available through their site and through Madewell.  

Makr  bags have an understated simplicity and style.  Their backpack and large canvas tote are available in several colors.


This tote bag/log carrier from Eddie Bauer is rugged and has a lot of character.  I love that there are zippers down both sides of the bag as well as two exterior flap pockets.  I wouldn’t mind using this as a travel bag or even as a baby bag.

Here is a tool/mason bag from the Heritage Leather Company that would serve as a great tote bag.  I like the colorful leather accent on the bottom as well as the metal accents along the top of the bag.  There is also metal hardware underneath to protect from wear and tear.  This comes in three sizes.  

I just came across this Kaufmann Mercantile canvas tote bag yesterday and I have to admit that it is my favorite one.  This one goes on my wish list!

-Lana

1 comment: