Welcome to Covet Collective!

A harem of girls who love crafts, antiques, design, and anything aesthetically pleasing. Come on in and read about what we've purchased, what we've found and what we covet.

We also have fun finds and handcrafted items for sale on http://www.etsy.com/. Once you are on the Etsy site, simply search Sellers (in the dropdown menu) and type in "covetcollective".



Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Party Favors - Star Wars Theme

Yesterday I posted about the drawstring backpacks that I made.  As promised, here are the pictures of all the goodies that went inside.


I had decided early on that black, white and yellow would be the theme colors.  I used Avery labels and using Microsoft Word, I created text boxes with grey diagonal lines.  I then layered a black-filled text box over it and used the Star Jedi font from dafont for the text in a bright yellow color.


StarWars.com (the offical Star Wars fan site) has some great printables and craft ideas.  In the kids craft section are downloads of vintage (Episode V) and current (The Clone Wars) coloring pages.  They are Letter-size (8.5" x 11"), so I miniaturized them into a booklet (5.5" x 8.5").  For these coloring books, I added a white cardstock cover and called it a "Jedi Training Manual" with the date of the party as the version.  I didn't have a stapler, so I bound the book by using a 1/16" hole punch and B&W bakers twine.  I was very happy with the outcome.  I personalized each book with a label (Jedi CHILD'S NAME).


I wrapped small boxes of crayon in grey diagonal striped paper and pasted a Yoda or Darth cartoon character onto it.  These cartoons are cropped from free book covers on StarWars.com.


The coloring book and crayons were packaged together in a cellophane bag.


I love the look of glassine bags, so I used it as much as possible.  I repackaged some organic fruit snacks from Costco in them.  I labeled them "Chewies" as a nod to Chewbacca.


I made a great find in a post-Easter sale at Target.  I was beyond excited when I came across this AT-ST Lego (shown here assembled with an envelope for the party invite).  

All the boys over age 3 received one of these.  I packaged it in a glassine bag and labeled it with "Use the Force."  It is sealed in the back with a circular label.


The girls all received Silly Bandz packaged similarly to the AT-ST, but I added B&W twine around the bag and affixed the label "Princess Jewelry" over the twine to keep the bag closed.

It was a lot of work, but I had fun assembling all of these goodies!

-Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment